The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Food Technologist [itsu grocery]
This job has been closed.
the ideal candidate
- Qualified to degree level in food science or a similar subject
- Knowledge of EU food legislation and labelling requirements
- Knowledge of requirements for GFSI approved accreditations BRC, IFS, SQF etc.
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work in a small team and individually
- A minimum of 2 years of technical/ quality management experience required
- Internal & external audit experience & knowledge of food safety systems preferred.
- Have a passion for food & Asian inspired food in particular.
- Experience in working with international suppliers (specifically Asian suppliers preferred).
- The expertise of working with a range of different food categories with strong knowledge of UK food regulations
itsu is the Asian-inspired quick service & grocery brand with a compelling vision and global opportunity.
Founded in 1997, itsu is the result of 20 years of innovation across 70+ busy sites.
Itsu [grocery] offers exciting and enticing high-quality Asian-inspired foods [online and in supermarkets] and has quickly become one of the leading brands in that specific group. Yet, it is still the beginning and the business has huge global ambitions.
scope of the role
itsu [grocery] is now looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Food Technologist to join our Technical department. The successful candidate will report directly to the Quality Manager, working closely with suppliers to help drive the company’s high standard and maintain compliance with our quality management system.
- Responsible for the quality, safety, legality and authenticity of itsu [grocery] products and supplier performance.
- Support the Technical team in maintaining AA grade BRC accreditation
- Work with the Head of Technical to approve and onboard new suppliers and support with the closure of audit reports.
- Maintaining our supplier approval database, ensuring certificates and questionnaires are completed and up to date at all times.
- Conduct risk assessment on product range to determine the frequency of testing. Supporting the Technical Executive with ongoing monitoring of product quality, safety and authenticity through routine surveillance testing (covering nutritionals, claim validation, micro, chemical and authenticity testing), shelf-life evaluation and organoleptic testing. Interpret results, action and rectify any non-conformance with the supplier as a result of ongoing monitoring.
- Analyse and interpret trends in customer complaints and conduct investigations with suppliers where necessary to identify the root cause and put relevant corrective actions in place.
- Completing and maintaining product specifications across the itsu [grocery] portfolio, ensuring signed off products are safe, legal and all product quality attributes are captured.
- Reviewing and approving legal labelling for new and existing products.
- Attend production trials and first productions.
perks and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Competitive bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- A great work-space with a ‘start-up’ feel in Central London
- Health insurance
- Company pension scheme
- The chance to work directly with the co-founder of itsu & Pret
- 50% employee discount in itsu shops
- Free itsu lunch
- Discounts at major retailers